The Rayflector

Prom Boutique

Lillith Vieux, Staff Writer

Prom-goer’s will be pleased to hear that Woods Chapel United Methodist Church is hosting their 14th annual Prom Boutique. They will provide over 3,000 new and gently used dresses as well as a choice of shoes, jewelry, and a bag all for free. They also provide suits for men.
Prom is April 28th, and students who like to plan ahead can get their dress at the prom boutique.
The church is located at 4725 NE Lakewood Way, Lee’s Summit, MO 64064. Hours are 3-7 pm on March 7-9th, and 9am-2pm March 10th.
Sizes vary from 0 to 28. Private dressing rooms are provided, and dresses are steamed and bagged. Seamstresses are at hand to make sure each dress fits perfectly.
This is a reasouce for teengaer’s who would like to attend prom but cannot afford a dress. There are no questions asked, no area restrictions, and no tests or fees.
Donations are also welcomed. Over the course of the year, church goers donate dresses, shoes, bags, strapless bras, shapewear, tuxedos, mens shoes and other formal wear for low-income students in need of attire for prom or other formal school events. Typically sizes 16 and up are needed if interested in donating.
Monetary donations are welcome and are used for buying more dresses, usually in larger sizes.
Any teenager is able to come pick up a dress, no questions asked. Students can even keep the dresses afterwards. There are over 250 volunteers to help pick out dresses, size them perfectly, and steam and bag them.
Check out for more information.