The Rayflector

Blue Jay Turned Tiger

Dustin Alexander, Sports Editor

Raytown High Senior Dominic Gicinto committed to play football for the University of Missouri after a impressive senior season.

Gicinto posted a season to remember, racking in 85 catches for 1341 yards, 12 touchdowns, and three special teams return touchdowns (MaxPreps.com). With such numbers, the awards were sure to follow.

Gicinto was named to the 2017 All Metro team, first team wide receiver. The list continues to grow as he also brought home All-State and All-Conference honors. Raytown has arguably never seen such talent come out of their system.

“It feels great coming from Raytown where you don’t really see people making it to colleges of that caliber. Seeing a lot of on our team make it to college goes to Coach Minnick for really pushing us,” Gicinto said.

Mizzou was a natural landing spot for Gicinto as he grew up a tiger fan.

“Playing for a school that I have always dreamed of playing for is amazing. I’m happy that I have been able to pursue a dream of mine. It’s truly a blessing,” Gicinto said.

Gicinto spent a weekend at his future campus, getting a feel for his future life as a tiger.

“The visit was a lot of fun, being able to hang out with current players and future players in my class. Being able to see the school and the facilities, they really treat you like family,” Gicinto said.

Thanks to his hard work, Gicinto was able to receive a full ride scholarship from Mizzou. Raytown High wishes him the best of luck for both his future in the classroom and on the field. Congrats Dom!