The Rayflector

Positivity of Music

Jasmin Saxton, Staff Writer

Music comes in many genres. Everyone may not enjoy each genre but everyone has their own likes and dislikes. What one may see as negative another may see as  positive. Music has a big impact on people because it helps express emotions and moods. When people aren’t there, music is.

It can be used to celebrate, and also used to cope with hard times. According to Jill Suttie, “Music has the ability to help with pain management.” She also stated that, “Music can prevent anxiety induced increases in heart rate and [raised] blood pressure.” Music helps with keeping calm and managing your feelings, but it can also help with your train of thought. Music can be a tool. When cleaning, studying, or doing anything that requires concentration it can be resourceful. It helps to free your mind from everything else lingering in your head. Concentration becomes easier, but only with the right type of music.

Speaking of the right type of music, youth can easily be influenced by music. That’s why it’s important to wisely choose what they fill their minds with. Writers of ids.org stated, “…music has a profound effect on your mind, spirit, and behavior. It can enrich your life in so many ways, but it can also be dangerous”. Basically stating, choose music that delivers a good message, a song that would keep you sane, instead of in denial. Positive music can mean well by calming nerves,  and helping to control  emotions.