The Rayflector

Keep the Dream Alive

Dallas Glynn, Staff Writer

Raytown High School introduces new wrestling coach Josh Clausen. He is also a history teacher. Mr Clausen grew up in North Kansas City and he has a wife and a daughter.

Coach Clausen previously coached at Stanley, St Joe and Marshall High School.

When asked why he came to Raytown Mr Clausen said he came because he felt it was best for him and his family and through his time as an assistant coach he wrestled against Raytown and felt he could do the some good here and build our wrestling program

3 adjectives that Mr Clausen described himself  as a coach was hardworking, dedicated and adaptable. Coach Clausen’s strengths as a coach is he is very passionate in trying to prove himself as a coach, his biggest weakness as a coach is his short temper

Raytown High, School Wrestling Captain Tyler Westervelt thinks this year’s team is pretty stacked and will compete well this year.

“The team could work harder in practice, work on technique and come together as a team” Tyler said  when asked what the team could do different this year. The team is better because a lot of the wrestlers are excited to start this year, and a lot of guys are stepping up the guys as a team are more focused.  

As a captain Tyler feels he needs to push his guys to be hydrated and eat right. Tyler also thinks that if the guys lift and work out as much as they can, they could go through districts and place at state, hopefully win state title.

Raytown wishes the wrestling coaches and players a good, fun, and successful year.