The Student News Site of Raytown High School

The Rayflector

Thursday, September 21, 2017

CHESS CLUB

Chess Club’s first meeting Thursday Sept 21st after school (2:30) in Ms. Sims Class Room 102

HOMECOMING SPIRIT WEEK

Each Spirit Day we will be raising money to go towards victims of Hurricanes Harvey and Irma.

Thursday – Lions and Tigers and Bears Oh My

Dress like characters from the Wizard of Oz

(BRING ALL YOUR QUARTERS)

Friday – Bluejay Tornado is ready to roll through Ruskin!  Wear your Raytown  Spirit Wear!  (BRING ANY CHANGE YOU HAVE!!!)

HOMECOMING GUEST FORMS

If you are planning on bringing a guest not from Raytown High School, please pick up a guest form.  These are available in Room 224 or 121.  They are due by today

HOMECOMING TICKETS AND DANCE

Tickets are $10 per person.  Don’t forget that fees must be paid to go to the dance.   Thursday is the last day tickets will be sold!

COLLEGE AMBASSADORS 

Are you a sophomore or Junior who is interested in getting a head start on the college planning process? Join College Ambassadors. For more information or an application stop by Ms. Hampton’s office located in the counseling center. Applications are due by Wednesday, September 27th

NORTHWEST MISSOURI STATE UNIVERSITY

On Tuesday, September 27th there is an opportunity for up to 20 students to attend a college tour to Northwest Missouri State University. If you are interested pick up an application from Ms. Hampton the College advisor who is located in the counseling center.  Applications are due Friday, September 22nd.

A+

Sept. 27, 10:25 – 10:56 am in auditorium.  General Tutoring Information and Training Meeting

COLLEGE VISITS

Friday, September 22nd, UMKC will be here at 12:30 pm

Come by counselling center to get a pass to speak to representative.

NIGHT SCHOOL

Night School begins tonight. Students enrolled in Night School SHOULD attend study hall and immediately report to the auditorium for orientation no later than 2:35. If a student chooses to go home, they will not be allowed back in the building until 2:30. Students returning must be present at 2:35 in the auditorium or they will lose their seat to someone on the waiting list, NO EXCEPTIONS!

FCCLA

The next FCCLA meeting will be Thursday, September 28th in room 105 from 2:30 – 3:00 pm.

TENNIS TEAM

Come join the Tennis Team. The club’s practices will take place Tuesday’s and Thursdays after school from 2:45-4:30 at Coleman Park this Fall and again in the Spring. To join you must complete a physical and emergency contact form.   There will be a short after-school meeting in Ms. Bolton’s Room 306 this Friday 9/22 from 2:30-3:00 for those who are interested. The first practice is next week Tuesday, 9/26. Come out and join the team whether you are a professional player or have never held a racquet, we want you out there helping us bring tennis to Raytown