The Student News Site of Raytown High School

The Rayflector

Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Rae DeBoe, Web Editor

NIGHT SCHOOL
This is the final week to apply for Night School. Applications are due to your counselor no later than this Friday. Plan ahead – parent signatures are required and no phone call approval will be accepted.

COLLEGE VISITS
Thursday, September 14th Johnson County Community College will be here at 1:00 pm.
Friday , September 15th University of Central Missouri will be here at 8:30 am.
Come by counseling to pick up a pass to speak to representative.

RHS FALL PLAY
The RHS Theatre department presents the fall comedy, Over the River and Through the Woods, Sept 14-16 at 7pm in the auditorium. Tickets can be purchased online at www.showtix4u.com and search “Raytown,” at lunch, at the door, or from Mrs. Kolster in room 116. Students are $5, adults are $7 in advance or $8 at the door. Come enjoy this hilarious heart-warming story!
All staff receive two free tickets to the show! To redeem them, just email Kathleen Kolster with which night you’d like to attend!

FCCLA
The first FCCLA meeting will be Thursday, September 14th from 2:30 – 3:00 in room 105. Come learn all about the exciting opportunities FCCLA has to offer!

CHESS CLUB
Chess Club’s first meeting Thursday Sept 21st after school (2:30) in Ms. Sims Class Room 102

LOUDER THAN A BOMB
Louder than a Bomb will be hosting open auditions THIS THURSDAY after school in room 202. Please see Mr. Garofalo for details.

SPIRIT BUS
This Friday, we are offering a spirit bus to take students to the Football game aginst Park Hill High School. If you are interested in attending, please obtain a parent permission form from Ms. Payne in the office. All forms are due by Thursday afternoon, and the first 30 to turn in their forms will be permitted to ride the spirit bus! Bus will leave at 5:45 pm

HOMECOMING SPIRIT WEEK
Each Spirit Day we will be raising money to go towards victims of Hurricanes Harvey and Irma.
Monday – Munchkin Tie-Dye (BRING ALL YOUR PENNIES)
Tuesday – Tacky Tornado Tuesday (BRING ALL YOUR NICKELS)
Wednesday – Which Witch is Which Twin Day (BRING ALL YOUR DIMES)
Thursday – Lions and Tigers and Bears Oh My
Dress like characters from the Wizard of Oz
(BRING ALL YOUR QUARTERS)
Friday – Bluejay Tornado is ready to roll through Ruskin! Wear your Raytown Spirit Wear! (BRING ANY CHANGE YOU HAVE!!!)

HOMECOMING GUEST FORMS
If you are planning on bringing a guest not from Raytown High School, please pick up a guest form. These are available in Room 224 or 121. They are due by next Wednesday.

HOMECOMING TICKETS AND DANCE
Tickets are available for sale. They are $7 per person this week, and Monday. Next Tuesday – Thursday they will be $10 per person. Don’t forget that fees must be paid to go to the dance. Next Thursday is the last day tickets will be sold!

COLLEGE AMBASSADORS
Are you a sophomore or Junior who is interested in getting a head start on the college planning process? Join College Ambassadors. For more information or an application stop by Ms. Hampton’s office located in the counseling center. Applications are due by Wednesday, September 27th

NORTHWEST MISSOURI STATE UNIVERSITY
On Tuesday, September 27th there is an opportunity for up to 20 students to attend a college tour to Northwest Missouri State University. If you are interested pick up an application from Ms. Hampton the College advisor who is located in the counseling center. Applications are due Friday, September 22nd.