The Student News Site of Raytown High School

The Rayflector

EOC Effects

Irene Biskinis, Copy Editor

The End of Course exams took place May 2 through May 5 at Raytown High. Multiple classes take an EOC test such as American Government and History, English I and II, Algebra I and II, Geometry, Biology and Physical Science.

“The state and the district decide what courses are part of the EOC,” said assistant principal Mr. Brad Drace.

Classes were on a block schedule through the testing dates to provide a lengthier time for students to complete the exams. Periods 1, 3, 5 and 7 took place on Tuesday May 2 and Thursday May 4. Periods 2, 4 and 6 took place on Wednesday May 3 and Friday May 5 except there will also be J-Time after 6th hour on Friday.

“Block scheduling gives us interrupted time in order to complete the tests,” said Drace.

Since some of these tests were taken online, it pushed some teachers out of their own classroom so other classes students can use their computers.

Students have not always had the opportunity to take EOC exams online. Technology has developed over the recent years to provide online testing so everyone may have different opinions on it. Some people still prefer pencil and paper while others chose screen and mouse.

“I prefer to take EOC’s on paper because I can think better and I also grew up taking tests on paper,” said sophomore Mary Donnici.

End of Course tests count as a grade in the grade book. No matter what students prefer, the tests are required by the state so they have to make it count.